Monday, May 3, 2010

Beginning!




Loong time I was thinking with what to start... many friends were saying to start a blog where to post my thoughts, because it might be useful for them and maybe for other people:-)


So, I was thinking and want to begin with the words of a cool guy, named Paulo Coelho:-) whom I love a lot! His words have a great value, experience and power! Hope you'll enjoy:-)


“Over the course of one year, give a coin to each person who offends or upsets you,” instructed the abbot of a young man who wanted people to follow a spiritual path.
For the next twelve months, the boy gave a coin to each person who offended or upset him, as he was instructed. At the end of the year, he returned to the abbot to find out what the next steps were.
“Go into town and buy food for me,” the abbot responded.
Once the boy left, the abbot changed his clothes, disguised himself as a beggar and went to the gate. When the boy approached, he began to insult him.
“Good!” said the boy, “for a whole year I had to pay the people who upset or offended me, and now I can be offended for free, without spending anything!”
Hearing this, the abbot removed his disguise. “He who does not take insults seriously, is on the path to wisdom.”
- "Changing attitude" by Paulo Coelho



Life is full of people who'd adore to throw in you with a stone, to criticize you, to make you feel so tiny and so worthless... you don't need to search them so long! HAHAHA! They are everywhere: in the grocery store, on the street, at the university, at work... even sometimes home, where you are hoping to have a moral rest. But, there is a great "but":


"Extraordinary people raise themselves monuments from the stones that where thrown in them by critics."

How cool! Isn't it?! The more stones you are being thrown at, the more amazing and wonderful will look your monument! HAHAHA! And then... you might think how silly was you to pay attention to those who don't even have a clue about what is really happening, they just look and say... and then think, but some don't even think if they maybe have done a wrong thing. But you know the truth, you know what was really happening so continue your path! It'll just make you stronger!

But sometimes we need to be thrown a stone at! To wake up!!! HAHAHA! To be pruned!!! Pruning is not always pleasant, but it does ensure that the situations, activities, or relationships that are depleting us will not continue to do so. It means something must be cut off or removed from our lives, but God promises great reward as a result - more fruitfulness than ever!



Hope you've enjoyed!:-)
Have a cool beginning in what you are dreaming of and...
catch the stones for your monument!:-)

6 comments:

  1. I m just amazed with your words, my dear sellie...U r really brilliant.Every single word helps me.Everytime when I became sad , you used to pull me back to the place as you r my one of the real friends by your words.

    God bless u !

    ReplyDelete
  2. But sadly I have been thrown so many stones at me, I haven't become something so-called "extraordinary" yet! Well, who knows, I might be! (Don't throw any more stones now!)

    Had to agree on one thing, You are a genius! I don't know any Paulo Coelho but do know you and your power in writing!
    Keep up my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Foisal: Thank you very much!!! Thanks for your encouraging words! Seems that now you passed to encourage me!:-)

    Wish your mom to get better!!
    God bless her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Anik: Thank you very much!!! Thank you for your words! It's really SO pleasant! Thanks!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comment-ul asta il postez acuma, ca il aveam deja! ;)

    You expresses yourself beautifully, ya Selena! I enjoy reading every word of yours cause i know that it comes from the heart!

    You are very right about the fact that people adore to criticize you, to point out what you did wrong, to emphasize your weaknesses and so on - it takes a great man to point out the best in you and help you overcome your difficulties!

    Last but not least I loved your last advice! ;)

    Great beginning!

    Layla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shukran gedan ya Andita!
    Ana behibek!:-) Kteer!! Kteer!!

    I've made you an egyptian-lebanese version!!

    ReplyDelete