Sunday, March 27, 2011

Why?!


[I've found this writing and thought it can help those who are passing through "WHY" times! Hope you'll find it useful! ^_^]

This is a question most people get stuck on, including myself. Something happens or doesn’t happen, and we ask God, “Why? Why? Why?”

Why did that disaster happen?
Why can’t I find the right job?
Why can’t I find the right guy?
Why can’t I have a baby right now?
Why did that person have to die?
Why am I sick?

The list is endless. It’s difficult because we ALL want to know WHY something happened as it did. It’s hard NOT to want to know all the details. But we aren’t always allowed to know or understand the WHY.

Why not?

The answer isn’t an easy one. 

The Bible gives us an explanation in Isaiah 55:8-9:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

Clearly, we are the creation and He is the Creator. Never will the creation be smarter than who created it. That’s just how it goes. Kind of like in our created technologies, no matter how advanced technology gets, it can never out function the human mind. And so it is also with God and us. But we can rest in knowing that God has a good plan for our lives, even if we don’t get to know all the answers right now.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I rest my questioning and anxious heart on this verse often. God has THE plan. It’s a GOOD one, not a bad one for us. It’s so good that we can have HOPE and a FUTURE…not despair and death.

And God keeps His Word. It’s not going to fade away, go away or leave. Look at Isaiah 40:8, The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever."

Isaiah 14:24 The LORD Almighty has sworn, "Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand.

Our job then, when we face theses challenges, is not to focus on the WHY, but to focus on God Himself. He may even reveal the WHY to you, or He may have you wait until we join Him in Heaven. We might not even care anymore by then.

Our comfort, peace, joy and very life depend upon His unchanging Word. You can trust Him, even when we don’t get to know all the “whys.” He is Holy, Righteous, Just and Loving. I really think that when we get to heaven, we will all be thinking “oh wow…now I understand.”

We never go wrong in seeking God first, it’s ALWAYS our best choice.

Learning to live with a little mystery or maybe A LOT of mystery and trusting in the ONLY one who knows all mysteries, God Himself.

SOURCE: LINK




3 comments:

  1. Imi place mult! De ce nu mai ai butonul cu I love it? Ca aici nu se prea potriveste Useful / Interesting / More info!

    Anda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah si inca nu ma pot obisnui cu noul look! Imi placea mai mult celalt! Ii prea colorat fondul si poza aia de sus parca nu se prea potriveste cu restul! Sper sa nu te superi, ii doar o parere personala! ;)

    Anda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Îți mulțumesc mult pentru feed-back! ^_^
    Acum pregătesc mici schimbări!
    Să vedem cum merge! ^_^

    ReplyDelete